Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Let's take a Poll!

Last weekend, I took pictures of our friends Lance, Amber & their little girl Maysen. (Amber watches Nathan for a reference point.) We went to a very scenic spot called Pecan Groves in Queen Creek and surprisingly, the pictures turned out pretty good. Here are a couple of the shots:



The pictures turned out so well that Amber showed them to a friend who then asked if I would like a job, taking pictures of her family! WHAT? WHO ME? I'm no professional photographer! I can barely grasp what aperture and shutter speed means, how could I be responsible for taking someone's Christmas portraits?

So I thought I would take a poll, do you think I should just wing it and take the pictures? Or do you think I should politely decline and explain I'm not a professional. Vote here and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. When we first started doing photography, it was great because there was no pressure. You don't have a reputation as a professional, so people are much more gracious with you! It is great! If you charge significantly less than what the pros are charging but still deliver quality work, people will be thrilled.

    And these pictures look great! Go for it...but only if it will be fun for you. If it will totally stress you out, it's not worth it!

    ReplyDelete