Monday, December 29, 2008

Ten Days in Texas - Part Three

Christmas Day!
This picture of Nathan looking out the window was taken Christmas morning at David & Jacque's house. It is my most favorite picture of him. I call it 'angelic' because it seems to capture some of the anticipation of Christmas morning.

Next is a video I captured of Nathan on Christmas morning that is just plain cute of course. Santa brought Nathan 2 train whistles and you will hear Greg blowing the larger train whistle in the background while Nathan blows on the smaller whistle...only Nathan doesn't know how to blow air in his whistle so he is really just squealing in conjunction with Greg's fine whistle blowing techniques.



Greg says that Christmas Dinner at his Nana's house is the best meal of the year but I would venture to say that Christmas DAY at Nana's house is the best DAY of the year. I don't know what it is about Grandad's and Nana's house but on Christmas Day it becomes the most perfect place to be at the most perfect time.

Without question, the food is fantastic and we all can't wait to 'fix our plates'!



Of course opening gifts is fun and exciting...




By the way, I'm sorry that I forgot who got these for Nathan but he loves this little playbench and these monster trucks, he's been playing with them since we got back, I'm sorry that I forgot to say Thank You!

And most of the time the weather is nice enough to go outside after lunch and play. Check out Riley in the picture below...he looks like he's in the Matrix! Also, if you click on the picture of Donnie, you'll see he's actually airborne as he throws the ball.





But I think what makes the day so special is just being together. It sounds so simple but I really think that sums up what makes this day the Best Day of the Year and something I always look forward to!




Brandi affectionally dubbed Evangeline 'Ms. High Kick' when I took this picture of her.



Oh one last thing, can you all do me a favor? If you see me about to take a picture and my posture looks like this (see below) can you please just say something before the picture is taken? UGH!


Hope you all had as Merry a Christmas as we did! :)