Friday, September 25, 2009

A Trip Down Memory Lane to 1993!

Photobucket

I recently reconnected with a former boss of mine whom I worked for 18 years ago! I can't believe it, seems like yesterday to me. I was 18 years old when I started working for his company and I can still remember our offices and...some other things. hahaha! (only a few will get that joke) Today he sent me an email with the subject line reading "Good Old Times", I had no idea what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw Pictures! :o)

The picture above is my boss and I at his home during a Christmas Party he hosted in 1993. I was 21 and apparently big hair was IN, hahaha! My Boss was also a 'deep pockets' kinda guy and rubbed shoulders with the upper class and there happened to be a celebrity at his party. Which I now have a picture with, thanks to my "Good Old Times" email today!

Photobucket

This is my boss and I with "Too Tall" Jones. A former member of Dallas Cowboys "Doomsday Defense". "Too Tall" Jones is 6ft 9in and he played with the Cowboys from 1974-1978 and again from 1980-1989. He was also a Professional Boxer for a brief period from Nov 1979-Jan 1980, winning all his fights except for one.

So I'll admit that I didn't know who he was. Someone at the party actually elbowed me and said "That's Too Tall Jones!" in that kind of hushed whisper reserved for the elite social class as they quickly diverted their eyes to avoid staring. I casually stared at a really tall black man and asked "Who is Too Tall Jones?" I thought he might be one of the singers from Earth, Wind & Fire. hahaha!!!

Good times. Thanks for sharing Boss!!