Monday, April 27, 2009

What in the Wide, Wide, World of Sports is Greg doing now??

Photobucket

Our friend Josh, has been involved in Off Roading for a long time and I knew it was just a matter of time before he sucked Greg into this crazy world. This past weekend Greg, Josh and Josh's brothers, Chris & Randy went to Box Canyon for some off roading. Box Canyon is outside of Florence, AZ and is a narrow, steep-walled canyon that trails for miles and miles. I pulled the picture above from the internet that shows the narrow 'canyon' you drive through. Greg said, at times there is only a matter of inches between the rock and your vehicle. While he's telling me this, the words "Car repairs" is passing through my mind.

Much to my dismay, Greg came back-GLOWING because he had so much FUN. Question - When will I get used to these dare devil hobbies of Greg's? It's been 9 1/2 years of marriage and I still have all kinds of discomfort and angst when Greg heads out the door to these wild man activities of his.

Here are pictures from Greg's day at Box Canyon, in his 2007 'stock' Toyota Tacoma. Mind you, 'stock' won't be a descriptor of Greg's truck for long after this weekend escapade. Josh has no idea how much this little adventure has cost us!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Greg described Josh's 2005 Jeep Rubicon as 'CRAZY'.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

At times, the passengers have to get out and 'direct' the driver on what to do as they manuever the terrain.
Photobucket

In this picture Greg's truck is not even an inch from the rock surface, he's crossing over. Again the words "CAR REPAIRS!" is screaming through my mind as he proudly shows me this.
Photobucket

Greg then shows me a picture of Josh tearing down a hill with a memorial at the base, clearly marking someone's unfortunate demise. He thinks it's funny and now the words "Life Insurance" are screaming through my mind.
Photobucket

I love my husband but why couldn't he just be a coin collector? :)