Thursday, April 23, 2009

United Hillsong Concert

Last Sunday night, Lynn and I went to see Hillsong United in Phoenix and it was Awesome, with a capital 'A'.

Hillsong is a church in Sydney, Austraila and they have produced over 40 albums, I only have about 10 of them. Hillsong United is the youth ministry of Hillsong Church and they also produce their own albums under the Hillsong Music Record label, I have 2 of their albums.

I think one of the reasons I love their music so much, besides the lyrical and musical elements is because I can actually sing to Hillsong and sound pretty decent. :)

It's about an hour drive from where we live so were pretty late to stand in this line.
Photobucket

My primary concern with our being so far in line was what kind of seats we would end up in. I'd been here before and the last thing I wanted was to sit in the 3rd balcony. Example:
Photobucket

However, despite everything, we actually got seats on the first floor, back row. It was an amazing thing, it truly was. So here we are:
Photobucket

The highlight of the entire concert for me was seeing and hearing Brooke Fraser LIVE! It was incredible. I made a video of her singing Desert Song and Hosanna, two of my favorite songs. (She's the small white dot center stage playing guitar.)

Here's 'Desert Song':


Here's 'Hosanna':


Here's the entire band performing 'Take It All':


Oh yeah, the other great aspect about the concert...it was FREEEEEEEE!!!!!
I love me, some FREEEEE!