Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Scrapbook Convention!

Photobucket

Last Saturday, I went to the Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Convention which was a big deal for me because I've missed it the last 2 years as a result of living in Texas. I've attended the Scrapbook Convention for years but never in Dallas, Texas. Yet ONE MORE REASON I'm happy to be back in Arizona, folks!

Photobucket

I took Nathan with me because Greg was out of town and I was worried how I was going to navigate the crowded aisles. It turned out I didn't need to worry. While the economic downturn has certainly impacted consumerism, it has also left it's mark on a number of industries, the Scrapbooking industry being one of them. Sadly, the aisle's were not nearly as crowded as they were in years past. This picture is shocking because it is so uncharacteristic from the throngs of people normally at the convention.

Photobucket

Discounted signs were at nearly every booth, so my dollars stretched further than normal which was nice.

Photobucket

Even though evidence of the economic status was everywhere, I ran into this lady, definitely in the spirit of Scrapbooking!

Photobucket

To keep Nathan content in his stroller, I gave Nathan my camera. I guess he's going to take after Mommy because he figured out how to turn the camera on and took quite a few pictures. Here's his work:
Photobucket

As I said earlier, my dollars stretched further but I still stuck to my $40 budget and this is what I came home with.
Photobucket

I'll eagerly be waiting for this time next year!