Monday, March 30, 2009

Safe at Sun...

Photobucket

At 6am this morning, I received a text message from a team-mate that I had worked with for 9 years. He had been let go. I couldn't believe it. The rif's had started.

One farewell email after another started filling my inbox. I simply wasn't prepared for Bloody Monday...I thought this was all happening on Tuesday because I had heard 'the 31st' numerous times.

I talked to my manager at 7:35am and she informed me I was safe. I almost cried but for the sake of professionalism, I kept my composure.

It wasn't until about 10:25am that I broke down. A flood of enormous and undeniable relief.

3 comments:

  1. wow thats such a scary thing. Hope all remains well. We feel the same about our job.. We are blessed forsure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all your comments on my posts! I'm glad your job is safe. These are definitely scary times, but we know God is in control no matter what job situation we are in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. im commenting again because we are looking for a sub for Bunco.. a dice game that all us girls get together once a month to play. its next thu.. the 9th at 7pm here in the neighborhood.. let me know if you can..

    ReplyDelete