Friday, March 27, 2009

Happy St. Patricks Day...much later!

Photobucket

I have no idea where the time goes. Case in point, I'm just now posting pictures of our St. Patricks Day - Night Hike, a week and a half later.

Anyway, we did this cool night hike on St. Patricks Day at San Tan Mountain Regional park, about 10 mins from where we live.

Here is a park map with our trail highlighted in yellow:
Photobucket

So here's the thing with the pictures. Since we were hiking at night I didn't want to take my Nikon, trip on some rock and end up bashing my nice camera to pieces so I took my little Canon point and shoot. Like most digital point and shoots, the Canon has a digital LCD screen on the back that displays the image your taking a picture of, so imagine standing in a place that is pitch black. Essentially, the LCD screen is also going to be pitch black.

For example, my 'End of Trail' picture below is off center and crooked - that's because I couldn't actually see the sign in the dark through the camera but of course I still tried to take a picture of it!
Photobucket

The other issue with taking pictures in the dark was that whenever the camera would flash, it would temporarily BLIND people! It's a good thing we weren't hiking deep cavernous canyons!
Photobucket

Photobucket

At the end of the trail, I held my camera above my head and took the liberty to BLIND not only my group but everyone!
Photobucket

But my favorite picture of the night is definitely this one. Greg face just cracks me up and Robert in the center has this great fun expression, then mellow Amber is on the side with that fantastic smile of hers and everyone else is just doing their own thing in the back!
Photobucket

Good Times!