7 Random/Weird Facts about Me:
- I have a weird phobia about Earthworms. I remember the moment it started. I was a kid probably 8 or 9 years old, over at my neighbors house while she was working on the garden. Her boyfriend was also there and while he was turning the soil, he found an earthworm that was probably 6 inches long, he held the wriggling pink earthworm high in the air above his head and then he opened his mouth and slowly lowered it into his mouth. I am cringing and making an uncomfortable face as I type this and remember it vividly. It messed me up. I can't tell you how relieving it is to live in Arizona where there are no earthworms squirming across the ground after a fresh rain. I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really can't stand earthworms. Really.
- I have a mild fascination with what life was like in the 1950's. I have this idea that it was the perfect time and place to live albeit there were still huge social issues but it was a time where patriotism was true, not fair weathered, being a Christian made you part of the majority, not the minority and strange diseases and syndromes were far less prevalent than today. I don't care that they didn't have microwaves or cell phones. I would trade modern technology for living during that time in a heartbeat.
- I make it a point to see every mafia movie ever made; The Godfather, Goodfellas, Scarface, Road to Perdition, Donnie Brasco, The Untouchables, Carlito's Way, Casino, Once Upon a Time in America, Bugsy, American Gangster. Even the comical ones; Analyze This, Analyze That, Oscar. I love mafia movies and if you've seen a great one, let me know so I can check it out!
- I'm a technology geek, if I could afford an iPhone, I'd have one. Any time some new technical 'gadget' comes out, I eww and ahh over it and then eventually I buy it off eBay when it's affordable. (But I would still choose to live in the 1950's if I could.)
- I'm an organization junkie. Some people like to do puzzles to relax but 'downtime' for me is rearranging a closet. A disorganized closet IS a puzzle to me and for some reason I enjoy arranging and putting things in order. I love places like The Container Store, it's a feast to my eyes, literally a playground for me!
- I have a knack at figuring out how to use most software programs. Most recently, I learned to use a graphic design program called QuarkExpress and I actually created a few collateral pieces that went to print for Sun.
- Looking at houses and floorplans has apparently become a 'lifestyle'. I guess Greg and I have moved so much and we've looked at so many houses, floorplans and properties that it's just become a habit now. If there's an open house, I check it out! If there's a model I take a look! In all actuality though, this habit needs to be broken. It feeds the monster within and we've said "We are not moving again for a long time!".
So that's it, 7 random facts about me. As far as who I will tag...Courtney tagged me, Janessa has already been tagged, Steve shut his blog down, I don't actually 'know' Elizabeth, I'm just a fan.