Saturday, November 14, 2009

Safety First!

Photobucket
Nathan standing at the front of a Firetruck.

One weekend, Nathan and I went to Target and we stumbled upon our town's Safety Fair completely by accident. Having no other agenda for the day, we stopped.

It's kinda funny when something that is meant for the 'kids' ends being cool to you as the adult parent. For example, the Police Department opened up a SWAT truck for everyone to sit inside and check out. It was very cool for me to see something that I've only ever seen on tv and in movies!
Photobucket

They also had a display table with gear and artillery.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

They also had a helicopter, super cool to me since I've had a long standing fascination with helicopters. Unfortunately, Nathan doesn't share this passion with me, he seems to prefer the helicopters stay in the sky.
Photobucket

Sitting at the wheel of the big red firetruck was Nathan's absolute favorite part of the day.
Photobucket

I love how the hat fell over Nathan's face in this next picture.
Photobucket

They also had a Bomb Squad truck on display, I captured this brief video of the Bomb Squad's robot that they use for disarming dangerous bombs.


What an unexpected, surprisingly fun time for both of us! And it was FREE!
Photobucket