We just returned from Pinetop, Arizona and I gotta say, I LOVE it there for the following reasons:
- Lower temperatures (high 80's, low 60's!) - a welcome break from the valley heat waves!
- Visually stunning - tall, green pine trees everywhere, just part of the natural landscaping!
- Restaurants - there is no lack of food for Greg to enjoy to his hearts content!
- Shopping - Thrifting /antiquing shops all over the town which I heart big time!
- Cabin rental - We found a very affordable and super accommodating cabin, love it!
This is a picture of the neighborhood our cabin was in, Sara is helping Nathan with his bike in the bottom left corner. I heart this neighborhood!
We visit Rainbow Lake which was about 15 mins from where we stayed.
We also went hiking on Springs Trail No 633, recently featured in Phoenix magazine as one of Arizona's Best Hikes. The article included a kid rating based on the probability of a mid-hike kiddie meltdown, this hike was rated kid-friendly, so Nathan hiked on his own for the first time! He did get tired toward the end and Greg shouldered him the last 1/4 of the hike but for his first hike, he walked a long time and did a great job!
We also recognized the Auger's 17th year wedding anniversary - gooo Augers...and Red Sox too!
You know you've had a good vacation when the kids pass out on the way home...hahaha!
Lovely place, lovely time, can't wait to return...or move! :)