Friday, August 5, 2011

My Garden Center

For many folks, having a dedicated space for a personal hobby is a luxury.  For some, a sewing room.  For others, a man cave or garage.  For many years, having a craft room was that special space for me. However, since my transition from traditional to digital scrapbooking in the last few years, I use that space less and less.

 Photobucket

Now, I've always enjoyed flower and container gardening but it's been a long time since I've had a dedicated place to store my tools or repot a plant. Our first house actually had a small green room which I loved but that was long ago.  In our current house, storage always seems to be an issue and my gardening tools or supplies were always in a basket here or a bucket there and I would literally squat on the ground to repot a plant.  So I made myself a garden center and the best part is, it only cost $10.00.  :)

Photobucket

I found this Baker's Rack on Craig's List for $10.00 - SCORE! I gathered all my scattered things and now everything is organized.  You know how I love me some order!
 
A work surface for projects...
 Photobucket

 A shelf for extra pots and planters...
 Photobucket

 A tool drawer...
Photobucket

A supply drawer...
Photobucket

Aluminum container with lid and scooper for fertilizer...

Photobucket


Photobucket


A trash can with snap on lid...
Photobucket

My sweet little garden center{insert big grin}just a little slice of heaven for this old girl!