Wednesday, November 10, 2010

In Honor of Veterans Day 2010

"We have enjoyed so much freedom for so long that we are perhaps in danger of forgetting how much blood it cost..."  ~Felix Frankfurter 


 In honor of two important Veterans in my life; my dad, Gary and and my father-in-law, David.
Thank you both for your service to the United States of America.



 This picture was taken the day my dad reported for his draft notice - he was 19.


 He was a tank driver.


Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily
earned and refreshed - else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die.  ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you. ~Author unknown


Unfortunately, I could not get pictures of David while he was in service.  
Although, I had this picture of David, which I can't help but wonder how close in
time it was to when he served.

Dad, David, Uncle Carroll, and Uncle Jimmy -
Thank you for serving.
Honoring you this Veterans Day 2010.