Thursday, October 28, 2010

Good Evening, Officer.


Much to my inconvenience, Nathan vehemently stated that he wanted to dress up as a police officer for Halloween.  And much to my dismay, he didn't forget what he wanted to dress up as.  I don't know where this desire came from but I didn't question it simply because I was glad he didn't want to be Batman.

Well, this week my friend, Cori, invited us to her church's Trunk or Treat event but I had yet to buy Nathan's costume so I had to scramble the day of, typical of the new Me.  But remember the old Me?  When I used to have it all together?  Ok-maybe you don't, but I do!  Obviously, I found the costume in time and we were able to go have fun with friends.  Pictures from our night:

My friend, Cori and Camden, who was an Indian.

Blades with Camden and Case, who was a cute little pirate!


In addition to Trunk or Treat, there was a great feast of chili & cornbread, my absolute favorite. Regrettably, we had dinner with Greg before we left, probably good though because I could have made a total pig of myself with all this scrumptious smelling chili!  I had a small bowl of white chili, which was superb so now I gotta figure out how to make it.


There were also fun games, here is Nathan 'bowling' for a spider ring.  Really cute idea, here.


All Nathan really cared about though, was getting his grubby fingers on some cupcakes, so he walked on the cakewalk twice.

Rianne and Cori handing out candy and Nathan trick or treating.

 As we all talked about costumes, my friend Layne stated her kids "...don't get a choice...", she explained that she bought her kids costumes on clearance last year for a total of $6!  And they were GREAT costumes.  Can I do the same?  Can I just make Nathan wear what I buy and not give him a choice?  Why do I feel so bad for that?  I wish I had taken a picture of Layne with her girls but I only caught this one of her handing out candy from her trunk.  


 Nathan and I need to talk about why he no longer smiles for pictures.  I wonder if Greg is poisoning his mind.


The nicest ladies and sweetest friends, Cori, Monica, & Rianne.  And my mushroom hat!
 
Officer, your on popsickle number THREE, you need to take it easy and slow down.

Thanks for the invitation Cori, we had fun!!

For those wondering where Greg was...where do you think?  Watching the Rangers in the World Series!  His childhood dream has come to pass.  It's special, people, you don't even understand!