Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Nathan's New Pre-Pre School

Photobucket

Nathan started his new childcare provider this week. Mrs. Keri operates Jack and Jill Preschool and Childcare out of her home and as far as I can tell it's been a positive experience for him. The picture of Nathan with Mrs. Keri (above) is actually misleading but it's the only picture I have. Nathan had just tried to swipe someone else's snack (on his first day!) and he was corrected for it, right when I arrived to pick him up. When Keri carried him away from the table to answer the door, Nathan thought he wasn't getting a snack. Snacks, perse, are very important to little kids, the thought of not getting a snack is a serious upset!

Here is Nathan proudly showing off his projects from today. The first is a big painting of sparkly waves and fish. The second is a boat and starfish.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is his little pirate paper bag puppet:
Photobucket

His little boat was made with paper and a popsickle stick:
Photobucket

His starfish was made with paper, 2 little eyes and rice! How clever is that?
Photobucket

At first I couldn't get Nathan to 'pose' with his projects so I could get up close shots. I was using my point and shoot w/o the flash so the pictures didn't turn out good anyway but I did figure out a way to get Nathan to cooperate in posing! I let Nathan take a picture of me holding his project and then it would be 'my turn' to take his picture. Of course, he was quick to tell me when it was his turn to hold the camera and snap the picture! Here is one of the pictures he took, I was surprised that I was actually in the frame and that it wasn't a picture of the ceiling or something! Not bad for a pre-pre schooler, huh?
Photobucket