Saturday, August 1, 2009

Monsoon Madness

Photobucket

A couple of weekends ago, our town hosted it's summer event called Monsoon Madness and mud happens to be a focal point at this event. The picture above is Greg with our friends and their mud volleyball team.

There were 2 volleyball courts and 16 teams played in a bracketed tournament. Notice the water spray on the pole, this is how they kept the courts muddy.
Photobucket

Here's Greg on the right side of the net...
Photobucket

My role was team photographer, which kept me out of the mud...until Adam took a dive to save a ball...
Photobucket

..and I happened to be right there, this picture doesn't do the damage justice.
Photobucket

The mud on me was minor though, heres Coach Randi laying in the mud on the left.
Photobucket

My friend Amber heading down the mud slide.
Photobucket

Here's the line for that mud slide and the mud pit that you land in. The little girl sticking her face in this cesspool of mud is so disturbing to me.
Photobucket

There were activities for kids that did not involve mud, thank God.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

But what's the best way to stay cool? It's simple. Snow Cones!
Photobucket

And my favorite shot of the day...these size 7's.
Photobucket.