Saturday, January 14, 2012

"It's a Date" Book and our January Date

As I mentioned before, I gave Greg a date book for Christmas that was a compilation of 12 pre-planned dates, one for each month in the upcoming year.
Photobucket

It took about 3 days to create and these were the supplies I used.
Photobucket

How I made it:
  1. I cut 4 inches off the ends of 13 brown kraft envelopes and inked the edges to keep it masculine. 
  2. I then punched 2 holes in the cut ends and used a 7 gypsies elastic band to bind the envelopes together.  
  3. I added Making Memories rub on letters for the title.
  4. I used a 7 Gypsies mini 'door handle' on the first envelope page and a small little charm tied to the elastic band with waxy flax. Inside this cover page was a card with a note explaining the purpose of the book.Photobucket
  5. Then I added a monthly sticker to each envelope page and a small 'clue' in the form of a silver word plate on the facing page. Inside each months envelope page is a card that explains our monthly date.Photobucket
  6. The most time consuming part of the entire project was thinking of 12 dates, taking into consideration the month, special occassions and/or local events.  Here's a peek at the cards - I had to make sure I didn't give anything away in this picture since these are all top secret! (The card in the bottom right hand corner that reads "Gift of Love" is the explanation card that was inside the first envelope page.) I printed the cards and SEALED them in their respective envelope pages, waiting to be opened on the first day of the month, when we will look at our calendar and schedule our date unless it's a local event that already has a set date.Photobucket

Today, we went on our date for January.  As you can see from above, we went for a drive to the lake in the ZO6 and were we ever surprised at what we stumbled upon!
Photobucket

I knew Greg would enjoy the winding curves and hills of the roads to Canyon Lake but when we turned into the parking and dock area, we found about 10 Audi R8's and another ZO6.  I told Greg to park the car, we were joining the car show! He was hesitant at first but I convinced him and he pulled in by the other ZO6.   
Photobucket

Even though I've watched my share of Top Gear, I fail to retain what I learn.  So I asked Greg what was so special about the all those Audi's and he said the R8's are about $180K - each.  In short, we were looking at about a million dollars worth in cars.  Can you say crazy?

Photobucket

It was a totally fun date, though I can't take credit for the extra cool turn that it took!  Speaking of cool....he totally is and I love him for it. :)
Photobucket

I also made a video of us driving back from the lake to give you an idea of what the drive was like.   It is not for the faint of heart!