Saturday, May 16, 2009

Vacation with My Seester!

Last Tuesday, my sister, Naomi and my niece, Tatyana flew to Arizona for a 'sisters vacation with the kids'. My sister, who knows me well, asked me a couple of weeks before their arrival to not make a crazy schedule. I didn't, hoowwever, we have run ourselves ragged from one activity to another and today she actually told me "I can't go on." She totally cracks me up!

What I love about Nathan and Taty's relationship, is that they clearly love each other and no matter how long the separation, they pick up right back up where they last left off. And it doesn't matter what we are doing, if they are together they are having a good time. Here they are their first morning at the grocery store.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now that it's May in Arizona, it's pretty warm (read *hot*) outside, much to Naomi's chagrin, but that's another story. I turned on the sprinklers for the kids to have some outside fun. At first, Nathan was scared of the wiggley-squiggly sprinkler but Taty grabbed Nathan's hand and showed him how much fun it was.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We were gonna go to the 'pool' on the same day, but much to my surprise all the public pools seemed to be closed, according to the websites I looked up. So we ended up at Espee Park splash pad. Despite the fact this wasn't a 'pool', 5 minutes after playing in the water, my niece ran by Naomi & I, screaming "This is the Best Park EVER!" Then, 10 minutes later, she ran up to me, saying 'Auntie, thank you for bringing me here!'. Why does making a 5 year old happy feel so good?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love this last picture because I think it totally captures how cool I think my sister is and besides that, Tatyana has a fierce pose in it!
Photobucket

That was our last Wednesday...but they have been here almost a week, so there's definitely more to come! Stay tuned...