A thousand reasons why Dunkin Donuts is better than
1. Reward Cards - Dunkin shows appreciation to their customers with reward cards. Buy any 7 small Hot or Iced Coffees, get the 8th one free! That's customer service folks.
2. Loyalty Promo - Sign up at DunkinDonuts.com and get a freebie mailed to you for signing up AND on your birthday. Does Starbunks ever give a freebie?
3. Appreciation Week - Dunkin shows respect to our civil servants. So far, I've seen Dunkin promote Teachers, Nurses & Firefighters. They get free coffee for the week. Seriously.
4. Special Promos - Dunkin's 60th anniversary week, small coffee's were only FIFTY CENTS PEOPLE! FREE Iced Coffee day on May 11, 2010. Tax Day Relief-Free donut with purchase of small coffee. There are so many promos, at least once a month, I can't even list them all.
5. Pricepoint - For example, a 12 oz. Small Iced Coffee @ Dunkin =$1.84 @ Starbunks=2.02. Cha-ching, save .18 a cup.
6. Vocabulary - A small is a small. A large is a large. What is it with the Tall-Venti-Grande nonsense at Starbunks? Just give me a friggin cup of coffee already.
7. Drivethrus - Most Dunkin's have a drivethru. Con-ven-ient, thank you very much!
8. Donuts - Duh.
9. The Coffee - Dunkin Donuts coffee totally rocks. It's just GOOD coffee, it really is.
10. The Logo - Dunkins logo makes sense, it's a cup of coffee-to go. Starbunks logo is a mermaid, I don't get it.
In my closing statement I would like to make clear - I don't HATE Starbucks. For me, the better value - the biggest bang for my buck comes from Dunkin Donuts. But if I were traveling West on I10 just outside of El Paso (random example) and the only coffee shop for miles was a Starbucks, would I stop? In the words of Napolean Dynomite, "Heck Yeah!" It's still coffee and one must have coffee!
Thank you for reading, I rest my case.